Tourism Malaysia Appoints Advertising Agencies for 2015-2017
Tourism Malaysia has completed the tender exercise for the appointment of advertising agencies to undertake its three-year global and domestic advertising campaigns. The successful advertising agencies will begin their service from 1 January 2015 until 31 December 2017. A total of ten accounts were open for the bid, i.e. seven accounts for the different geographical market segments and one each for domestic, digital marketing, and global niche products and events. The tender exercise was announced in major newspapers on 4 and 5 May 2014.
A briefing was held on 7 May and the closing date of submissions was on 28 May, 2014. By the closing date, a total of 120 tender applications had been received at Tourism Malaysia. After a careful scrutiny of all documents received, the status of the companies, their credentials and detailed submissions, the tender board has decided on the following agencies:
1. ASEAN market
Agency: DNA COMM Sdn Bhd
2. East Asia market (China, Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan)
Agency: Smascom & Design Sdn Bhd
3. North Asia market (Japan, South Korea & Eastern Russia)
Agency: HBR Media Asia Sdn Bhd
4. South Asia market (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal & Sri Lanka)
Agency: Sen Media Sdn Bhd
5. West Asia market (Gulf Countries, Yemen, Iran Levant Countries, Egypt, Nothern Africa & South Africa)
Agency: Penumbra Communications (M) Sdn Bhd
6. Europe and Americas market (USA, Canada, Brazil, Agentina, Chile, Venezuela & other potential markets)
Agency: M & C Saatchi (M) Sdn Bhd
7. Oceania market (Australia & New Zealand)
Agency: Publicis Communications (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
8. Domestic (Malaysia)
Agency: Sumur Mutiara Sdn Bhd
9. Creative Agency for Global Niche Products & Events
Agency: Filmpoint Sdn Bhd
10. Digital Marketing for Tourism Malaysia
The account for digital marketing will be awarded soon as it is in the final stages of evaluation.
Tourism Malaysia undertakes a major role in the promotion of tourism to Malaysia. The total operating and promotion budget allocated for 2015 is RM454 million; a significant portion of this budget is for international advertising and promotion programmes which will be undertaken by the appointed agencies.